Staff Engineer, Backend
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
By bringing together zero trust security with network optimization, Netskope Borderless WAN allows customers to confidently provide secure, high-performance access to every remote user, device, site, and cloud. It also simplifies the on-boarding of traffic to the Netskope Security Cloud and NewEdge network, so customers can on-board more quickly and efficiently.
What's in it for you
We are looking for Software Engineers who are highly-focused on the quality of their software, and who can work in a fast paced environment at the cutting-edge of WAN edge & Cloud networking. If you have an eye for delivering high-quality, high-performance, scalable, automation-driven software, and you would like to participate in all stages of product and feature design, development, and deployment, we would like to speak with you.
What you will be doing
· Interfacing with the product management team to scope and design features
· Writing highly scalable, production ready code
· Understanding and replicating complex customer topologies for dev testing
· Interfacing with QE and ensuring the scope of QE testing is meets requirements
Required skills and experience
· 8 to 12 years relevant industry experience, including product development, test and automation.
· Provide thorough and thoughtful technical guidance to team members and leadership
- Establish groundwork for new infrastructure and components through discussion and writing specifications
- Principled decision maker, but not dogmatic
- Expert in scalable cloud native multi-tenant architectures
- Fluency in TypeScript using strong types, type inference, object oriented and functional programming paradigms, concurrency and generics.
- Expert in web programming and HTTP based APIs (REST and GraphQL)
- Expert in SQL and NoSQL databases with focus on scale (BigQuery and Mongodb)
- Expert in Node/Express web stack
- Experience with cloud management of network devices
- Expert in Jest for unit testing
- Experience in modern front end technologies, preferably Angular
- Experience with kubernetes
- Expert in version control using git
- Some Linux command line and python
- Seamless collaboration in a remote team setting using Agile practices
- Passion for automation
- Passion for personal productivity improvement
- Passion for quality and customer satisfaction
- Passion for development driven testing
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent training/knowledge
- Chennai/ Bangalore
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.