Solutions Engineering Manager
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the position:
The Solutions Engineering Manager (SEM) is a technical leadership position for our AMER Enterprise Solutions Engineering team. As an SEM you will have leadership responsibility for the Solutions Engineers within a specific region and will act as a working manager, leading from the front. She/he must be an experienced manager, with a demonstrable background as a dedicated Technology Executive with broad technology and business background, able to demonstrate consistent success in leveraging innovation to achieve revenue and sales growth. You will partner closely with our AMER Enterprise Solutions Leaders, to increase market share and develop and execute aggressive growth strategies across markets. The successful candidate will be focused on customer success and deliver world-class cloud security solutions. This individual will be a key leader in our growth and market leadership development.
You should also possess a strong reputation for achieving organizational goals and relationship development with key customer contacts.
As a Netskope Solutions Engineer Manager you will be responsible for:
- Recruit, hire, and on-board new Solutions Engineers into your territory.
- Provide technical and business leadership for the SE organization promoting leadership by example.
- Responsible for training and mentoring new Solutions Engineers on the team and assist with defining periodic SE training curriculum.
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting, and challenging customer environments.
- Assist Channel team in ensuring Partner SE's are trained and can support Netskope demos, POCs, and evaluations.
- Build maintain relationships with Key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business.
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent.
- Conduct ongoing 1:1's with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
- Work cross functionally with support, customer success, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide a process and product feedback.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Take an active role in your regions customer success and help resolve any customer satisfaction issues, escalating cross functionally when needed.
- 3+ years of previous successful solutions engineering leadership experience is essential.
- 5+ years as a successful individual contributor solutions engineering.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills ranging from tech level up to senior executives. Comfort in public speaking and presenting to both internal and external executive audiences.
- A reputation for unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- Big thinker striving to make a big impact and unwilling to accept mediocrity or Status Quo.
- Must have resiliency and tenacity to be successful in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Solid track record in building, developing and recruiting high- performance teams based on a large network of talent in the software and systems industry.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Netskope’s roadmap and technology development efforts.
- In-depth knowledge of security technologies and product with prior experience selling security technologies including but not limited to: Proxies, NG Firewalls, SSL/IPSec, VPN’s, SSO, DLP and Encryption gateways.
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to Netskope’s customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- Travel: 50-75% within the region.
- Prior experience growing teams in early stage startups with limited resources
- Experience working in and selling cloud-based technologies (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS)
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience).
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.