Staff Software Development Engineer in Test , Secure Web Gateway
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
Netskope Cloud Data Plane engineers architect and design one of the most scalable, high-performance cloud data planes in the world, processing 10+ Gbps of traffic, performing deep inspection using state-of-the-art techniques like AI/ML to detect activities and apply advanced policies like DLP, Threat and UEBA protection, all at line rate.
What’s in it for you
In this role you will be a key member of the NG-SWG team supporting our in-line CASB and SWG products, both of which have been recognized by Gartner as market leaders in their Magic Quadrant reports:
What you will be doing
- Developing expertise in our cloud security solutions, and using that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Contributing to building a flexible and scalable automation solution
- Working closely with the development and design team to help create an amazing user experience
- Helping to create and implement quality processes and requirements
- Working closely with the team to replicate customer environments
- Identifying and communicating risks about our releases.
- Looking beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensuring our solutions deliver value to our customers.
- Owning and making quality decisions for the solution.
- Owning the release process
Required skills and experience
- 8+ years of experience developing tests and automation for enterprise network and security technologies (firewalls, VPN, proxies, L4-7, web gateways, PKI/TLS etc.)
- Good knowledge of the TCP/HTTP protocol suite
- Good knowledge of Linux systems
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience building automation frameworks
- A proponent of Strong Quality Engineering methodology.
- A track record of success and consistent growth showing that you are highly motivated and capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.