Staff Engineer, Borderless WAN Cloud Management
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
By bringing together zero trust security with network optimization, Netskope Borderless WAN allows customers to confidently provide secure, high-performance access to every remote user, device, site, and cloud. It also simplifies the on-boarding of traffic to the Netskope Security Cloud and NewEdge network, so customers can on-board more quickly and efficiently.
What's in it for you
We are looking for Full Stack Software Engineers who are highly-focused on the quality of their code and who excel at delivering high-quality, scalable, high-performance software in a high velocity development environment. As a member of the Full Stack team, you will participate in all stages of product and feature development and deployment for our Borderless WAN Cloud Management, including front-end, back-end and devops initiatives.
What you will be doing
- Authoring new back-end APIs
- Building new UIs and shared library components
- Building next generation data pipelines to provide near real-time ingestion of network insights
- Owning projects end-to-end
- Working directly with project management and designers
- Influencing the forward direction of the codebase
- Using cutting-edge infrastructure
- Working in a seamless, fast, scalable development environment
Required skills and experience
- 8+ years of experience including hands-on experience designing, developing and delivering scalable cloud native multi-tenant architectures
- Fluency in TypeScript or other modern programming language that supports strong types, type inference, object oriented and functional programming paradigms, concurrency and generics.
- Expertise with web programming and HTTP based APIs (REST or GraphQL)
- Expertise in modern front end technologies such as Angular (preferred) or React
- Expertise with SQL and NoSQL databases with focus on scale
- Expertise with the Node/Express web stack
- Experience with cloud management of network devices
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with Golang
- Experience working with GCP / Big Query and related big data tools and infrastructure is ideal, as is hands-on experience building big data ingestion pipelines
- Experience working in a distributed team setting
- Passion for quality, automation and customer satisfaction
- Passion for development driven testing
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.