Information Security Analyst II
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the position:
Netskope is looking for an Information Security Analyst II on the Threat and Vulnerability Management team. This position will focus on the identification and proactive mitigation of Netskope’s attack surface, threat landscape, security gaps, and cyber threats which could impact the business. In addition, this role will be responsible for performing the vulnerability management function such as finding, reporting, and supporting business units in their vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Monitor, analyze, and triage security events to ensure we maintain a strong security posture
- Provide Incident Response support when actionable security incidents are identified
- Evaluate and leverage security-focused products (such as application security scanners, endpoint security, vulnerability management, data loss prevention, etc.)
- Support and monitor access control management solutions and processes
- Perform 3rd party security assessments for new and renewing vendors
- Work with the business on customer security assessments and questionnaires
- Conduct security architecture reviews to assess technical and business risk; recommend ways to improve and update the security posture
- Work closely with the IT teams to review configurations, hardening and controls in diverse environments
- Maintain strong knowledge of recent security vulnerabilities, attack vectors, attack methods, and remediation techniques
- Develop security standards and best practices for the whole organization
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Security
- Must have knowledge with tools Tenable, Qualys, NMAP, SCAPY, and other tools.
- Must have the ability to understand hardening guidelines for new technologies and
applications being adopted by Netskope.
- Understanding of containerization and containerized applications, their security
weaknesses and how to secure them
- Must have an understanding of patch automation, security orchestration, and
management tooling for on premise, private cloud, and cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of OWASP Web and Mobile Top 10 vulnerabilities and identifying them.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and other application and network level protocols.
- Knowledge of Cloud Applications like AWS, Azure and other SAAS Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, curious, knowledgeable pertaining to news and current events.
- Ability to be effective in a remote global work environment
- Bachelor’s degree/relevant university degree and/or professional
qualifications/certification (e.g. CEH, OSCP)
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.