Staff Engineer, NPA PKI
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
Netskope Private Access (NPA) is our new Zero-Trust Network Access (ZTNA) product that large Fortune 500 enterprises use and rely upon everyday for secure access to their private applications. NPA reduces risk by providing zero trust application access instead of network access.
Click here to watch a demo video to learn how NPA works.
What’s in it for you
The Netskope Private Access (NPA) team is a cross-functional group of talented engineers responsible for the end-to-end development of NPA. As a member of this team you will play an integral part in the continuing development and evolution of this cloud-native service.
What you will be doing
- As a Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions around PKI and key management
- You will utilize your knowledge of Certificate Authority Management to build API gateways for generating certificates, CSRs etc.
- Use advanced data structures and algorithms in Java / Python / C / C++
Required skills and experience
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience in building PKI security solutions at industrial scale
- Experience with Key Management Life Cycle - Key Generation, Storage, Distribution, Backup, Rotation, Revocation, Destruction etc.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of TLS, PKI, HSMs, KMIP, and Digital Certificate Management
- Experience with FIPS 140-2 compliance requirements and implementation a plus
- Track record of championing security best practices
- Programming mastery in Java/C/C++/Python
- Strong communication, organization, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work unsupervised, exercise leadership, and influence change
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.