Sr. Site Reliability Engineer, NPA
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The SRE NPA team supports the Netskope Private Access Suite, a solution that enables zero-trust secure access to private applications. We are a team of software engineers focused on improving availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the engineering stacks. If you are passionate about solving complex problems and developing cloud services at scale, we would like to speak with you.
What’s in it for you
- You will be part of a growing team of renowned engineers in the exciting space of developing tools for infrastructure management.
- Your contributions to our market-leading product support will significantly impact our rapidly-growing global customer base.
- You will solve complex, exciting challenges and improve the depth and breadth of your technical and analytical skills.
What you will be doing
- Partner closely with our development teams and product managers to architect and build features that are highly available, performant and secure
- Develop innovative ways to smartly measure, monitor & report application and infrastructure health
- Gain deep knowledge of our application stack
- Experience improving the performance of micro-services and solve scaling/performance issues
- Capacity management and planning
- Function well in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Participate with the dev teams in 12X7 on-call rotations.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting Linux
- Experience in managing a large-scale web operations role
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, or Ruby
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Hands-on working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Experience with IaC tools like terraform
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems a big plus
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, developers, Product Managers, etc
- Should have led teams, collaborating cross-functionally to deliver complex software features and solutions.
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.