Sr. Software Engineer, Backend
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Netskope Next Gen SWG team. In this role you will help to architect, design and implement our cloud-based web security solution that prevents malware, detects advanced threats, filters traffic, protects data, controls app use for any user, location or device.
In this job you will:
- Design and develop features on the NG-SWG
- Use advanced data structures and algorithms in C and C++
- Research on optimization algorithms and improve performance
- Solve problems with quick and elegant solutions
- Strong C/C ++ design and software implementation (5+ years) for Linux target.
- Excellent debugging, memory profiling and performance testing skills.
- Experience developing complex products with many components.
- An energetic self-starter, autonomous, and team-oriented individual.
- Experience with 2D/3D graphics, audio and image processing.
- Experience programming multi-threaded solutions and knowledge of synchronization techniques.
- Experience in machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence software to automate predictive models.
- Good understanding of memory management and runtime optimization.
- Unit testing knowledge, proponent of TDD is a big plus.
- Bonus points for experience with Chromium Embedded Framework.
- BS Computer Science required, MS Computer Science strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.