Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test, Client
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The client team creates and enhances the client software that runs on Windows, Mac or other operating systems. Easy to use, light-weight, and deployed to perform at a high throughput, Netskope Client steers user traffic through Netskope’s enterprise security products (Secure Web Gateway (SWG), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Cloud Firewall (CFW), Endpoint DLP) enabling holistic data protection and facilitating SASE deployments. Netskope Client’s centralized configuration, deployment, support, and troubleshooting delivers comprehensive security and control across the borderless modern threat landscape.
What’s in it for you
Our SDETs have built Python scripted automation tools to do functional, regression, security, performance and load/scale testing of our services and clients. If you love to write code to test, have aptitude to find ways to break things, understand how cloud services should work, and can build automation for day to day tasks that machines can run, we would love to speak with you about a role on our team.
What you will be doing
- Working with a group of brilliant engineers to build flexible and scalable automation solutions that test client technologies that protect data on endpoints including Windows, macOS, and mobile platforms.
- Contributing to building a flexible and scalable automation solution
- Working closely with the development and design team to help create an amazing user experience
- Helping to create and implement quality processes and requirements
- Working closely with the team to replicate customer environments
- Identifying and communicating risks about our releases.
- Looking beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensuring our solutions deliver value to our customers.
- Owning and making quality decisions for the solution.
- Owning the release process
Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience developing tests and automation for network and endpoint security products.
- Strong expertise in programming languages like Python or Java (Python preferred).
- Good working experience in CI/CD.
- Working experience in the Linux environment, and expert with at least one common endpoint platform (OS/X, Windows, iOS, Android)
- Experience developing tests and automation for enterprise network and data security technologies (firewalls, VPN, proxies, L4-7, file system etc.)
- Excellent debugging and development and troubleshooting skills in Python.
- Technical know-how of build and repo management tools with overall testing cycle.
- A track record of success and consistent growth showing that you are highly motivated and capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Understanding of one or more mobile operating systems: Android or iOS is desired.
- Familiarity with web data formats like JSON, XML, MIME, etc.
- Knowledge of cryptography techniques.
- Knowledge of CI/CD & Dev-Ops tools.
- Docker/k8s knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate in an open, transparent and consistent manner with team and co-workers.
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.