Account Executive, Mid-Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
The Mid-Enterprise Account Executives partner with our potential customers who have 1,500-5,000 employees. We are product experts and ambassadors for Outreach. We build deep knowledge and understanding of our customers' goals and pain points to enable them to have the insights to Create & Close pipeline through the Outreach Sales Execution Platform.
We enjoy learning new sales trends & methodologies, going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, and researching case studies so we can grow together. As a team, with the Sales Development Representatives, Value Consultants, and Solution Consultants, we work closely together to champion our customers, share success stories, celebrate our wins, and share goals.
As a Mid-Enterprise Account Executive, you will be responsible for the success of your assigned book of business. You will manage complex deal cycles from creating to closing pipeline with our new and existing customers. You will be responsible for leading the entire sales cycle from research to prospecting, to advising, negotiating contracts, and closing deals. You will provide technical assistance, successfully navigate a proof of concept, and guide our customers to change management. As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will be accountable for developing a plan, using the MEDDPICC sales methodology that will lead to successfully exceeding your territory goals.
Location: Hybrid role in New York City, NY
Your Daily Adventures
- Complete account management which includes; account planning and strategy, pipeline management, and opportunity qualification using MEDDPICC Sales Methodology
- Researching and educating yourself on your prospects and what problems Outreach can solve
- Discovery Calls that unlock Economic Buyer, Business and Technical Success Criteria, Inefficiencies in their sales funnel, key behavioral changes and aligned outcomes that allow you to demonstrate a tailored solution to the key outcomes they are working to achieve
- Partner with others on the Outreach team to drive and close business ( including SDRs, VC, SC, Marketing (ABM), finance, and leadership)
- Negotiate contracts with cross-functional teams including C-Suite, Finance, Procurement, etc.
- Once landed customers, successfully continue and build relationships to expand to additional users within the company
- Experience in selling disruptive complex product solutions into Enterprise companies
- Understanding the latest research, prospecting, and messaging tools to prepare yourself for your customer conversations
- Expert-level pipeline management by proven success in customer evaluation, lead generation, heavy prospecting, solutions selling, contract negotiation, and closing customers using the MEDDPICC Sales Methodology
- Experience selling into accounts top down
- Proven success in closing deals at or above $250k with the mindset of closing bigger deals and the entire platform
- Ability to persevere in managing long sales cycles (6 plus months) while consistently prospecting and building relationships while exceeding goals.
- Ability to communicate, build trusting relationships and partner/ influence multiple C-Suite level executives (CRO, CFO, CTO, COO Procurement, etc.) to help them with their business goals getting them to predictable ROI.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and influence customers by helping them to solve their problems by bringing solutions that will change how they work and impact customer ROI.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent while knowing your audience Strong understanding of financial metrics and customer RIO
- The ability to hold yourself accountable by solving problems and embracing feedback
- Willingness to learn in a high-paced sales environment
- 6 years or more of sales experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, ranging between $187,000 - $264,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status