Principal Python Engineer
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and highly motivated Principal Python Engineer to join our Engineering team.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Leading technical development of features end to end (From requirements to code in production)
- Promoting engineering excellence, code quality and principles of software design and development in the team
- Help translating our business vision into state of the art software and efficient development processes
- Supporting our customers and troubleshooting production issues
- Being part of cross R&D engineering initiatives
Your Work Experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer/building enterprise apps
- Extreme knowledge of Python
- Outstanding architecture and design skills of large SaaS systems
- Excellent Design skills - Mid to Low level design
- Architecture knowledge - High level understanding
- Exposure to Cloud - AWS and/or Azure. Preferably AWS
- Should have decent knowledge for Secure SDLC
- Experience working with large scale systems
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix
- BS in Computer-science or equivalent degree
- Should have Advanced coding skills.
- Code reviews for critical components / changes
- Strong background and experience with:
- Database systems
- Secure-coding/infosec principles
- Scalability & performance
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Hyderabad office to maximise collaboration and interaction with business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited holiday, private health insurance, and a pension plan.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organisations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Something looks off?