Enterprise Application Architect
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect to join the Enterprise Applications team. In this role, you will define the architecture strategy for all enterprise applications at OwnBackup. This is a cross functional role, supporting a common vision and set of principles for application choices and design decisions. This is a business facing role, expected to understand business requirements alongside our Business System Analysts, and to have an architecture roadmap that meets current and future business demand.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Develop the architecture strategy and roadmap for all enterprise applications at OwnBackup, including but not limited to, CRM, ERP, and HCM
- Work closely with the Enterprise Applications team in all areas of SDLC to drive best practices and design solutions that align to future state architecture
- Identify technology gaps, and make recommendations to support business processes
- Identify and minimize application redundancies
- Evaluate application technology road-maps and make recommendations
- Create an integration strategy to reduce point solutions across applications
- Build and maintain artifacts including roadmaps, principles, and solution designs
- Define data governance & security policies and procedures
- Build business case and ROI or other metrics around key architecture decisions; provide similar support to Business System Analysts for key design decisions and evaluations
- Review implementation plans and artifacts (solution walk-throughs, documentation, performance metrics, test plans, migration plans)
- Work closely with functional leaders and technical teams to develop strong relationships across the organization, acting as a subject matter expert (SME) and trusted advisor in application architecture
- Work with various data groups to understand cross-functional data requirements and encourage data driven decision making in the delivery of business solutions (process and/or technology)
Your Work Experience
- 8+ years of relevant technical experience
- 5+ years of experience with SaaS enterprise applications including: Salesforce CRM, NetSuite ERP, and Workday HCM
- Strong data and analytical skills including SQL, data sourcing, enterprise data management, and modeling
- Experience with audit and compliance policies and controls
- Familiarity with customer lifecycle management and related processes
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders, solution architects, developers and testers to drive end-to-end solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills
- Effective negotiating, consulting and coaching skills
- Expertise in analysis and design
- Ability to clarify complicated technical concerns to non-technical individuals
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.