Microsoft Channel Partner, Director
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
The Microsoft Partner Channel, Director is a full-time role and will report to the Vice President, Microsoft Dynamics. The candidate will work collaboratively across the entire Sales organization, Alliances team, Marketing (Demand Gen) team and Legal department. The role will include a moderate amount of travel, expected to be up to 25% to work with regional partners and support go-to-market campaigns and events.
Our ideal candidate will possess expertise and deep understanding of the Microsoft channel partner ecosystem. They will have demonstrated capabilities in business development delivering a well executed value proposition. This individual will build the program from the ground up and ultimately drive end-to-end execution on closing partner relationships.
This candidate must be a self-starter, passionate about achieving success through teamwork and collaboration. She/he needs to have demonstrated the ability to identify go-to-market collaboration opportunities and articulate how the partner and OwnBackup can achieve success together. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to lay out a go-to-market plan, articulate the benefits and value, and put metrics in place to measure its success.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Design the strategy and playbook on creating our partner channel program
- Identify potential partners that fit our value prop and go-to-market strategy
- Identifying use cases/sales plays for OwnBackup and our partners
- Execute the sales process from start-to-finish to close new partners
- Working with solution engineers to demonstrate the OwnBackup platform
- Designing demand generation campaigns and go-to-market initiatives teaming with marketing, tracking progress, and measuring success
- Work closely with the entire Alliances team to drive collaboration across our ecosystem of partners
- Build and maintain daily activity metrics within our CRM
Your Work Experience
- 5+ years work experience with experience in the Microsoft Dynamics partner/channel ecosystem (or working at one), business development or other deal-oriented role
- Software industry domain expertise (preferably SaaS) and the ability to understand complex technology problems
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics partner/channel ecosystem
- Strategic thinker who is also execution oriented; ideally has experience driving cross functional programs or processes
- Strong organizational capabilities
- Effective at building relationships (both internally and with partners), collaborating and influencing others
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in both business and technical discussions
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative and high-growth environment
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment and less defined organization
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.
Something looks off?