Senior Salesforce Developer
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We believe that every employee in the company can and should make an impact every day, and we empower them to do so. If you are self-motivated, like to take initiative, thrive in a dynamic environment and are a great team player you will love working here.
OwnBackup’s delivery team is looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer with a background in database design and system architecture. In this role, you will be responsible for implementation of CRM projects and delivering technical solutions. The Salesforce Developer will work with the delivery team and business stakeholders to design and optimize the management, architecture and performance of the Salesforce platform. You will forge relationships with third-party vendors to enhance current tech stack as well as develop a deep technical understanding of best practices.
The ideal candidate is a team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, building relationships with business, has excellent collaboration skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and uses their time efficiently. They are creative and like to solve problems.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Work very closely with Business Operations and other stakeholders in the organization to help implement solutions to optimize and grow efficiency within the internal Salesforce instance
- Collaborate with delivery team to identify, define, and implement changes and enhancements to meet business requirements in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Work with project management team to assess business and technical requirements for all projects
- Communicate solutions to stakeholders
- Document, design and test system implementations and launch support of solutions using Salesforce best practices
- Be responsible for data integrity and metadata maintenance
Your Work Experience
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience with Salesforce
- Minimum Salesforce Admin Certified and Salesforce Advanced Certified (Developer / Architect Certifications a plus)
- Deep knowledge and expertise with declarative Salesforce configuration and automation (Workflows,Validation Rules, Assignments, Approval Processes, Process Builders, Flows etc.)
- Knowledge of Visualforce and Apex (Triggers, Scheduled and Batch classes)
- Perform platform health assessment and optimizations including performance improvements, tracing and debugging using Salesforce tools (Events monitoring) and other technologies
- Support processes promoting data integrity, data governance and compliance
- Experience with data migration projects (ETL)
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to join data from various sources
- Strong communication skills. Ability to facilitate technical conversations with non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding of data sharing and visibility considerations of how these play into platform architecture
- Experience with iPaaS (Celigo, Skyvia Jitterbit, Boomi)
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ offices to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.
Something looks off?