Although we don’t have a live Principal Engineer role right now, we would still love to hear from you. At OwnBackup we are excited to connect with talent that have unique backgrounds and experience that can make a real impact and add value to our sales team. Register your interest today and if it is a match, a member of the talent team will be in touch to connect. Want to learn more about us at OwnBackup, visit us at: https://www.ownbackup.com/company/
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With nearly 5,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are seeking an outstanding Principal Python Engineer to join a world class engineering team that is developing high scale SaaS products for Data Protection. As a Principal Python Engineer, you will report into the Engineering lead and be responsible for establishing Engineering excellence, driving priorities to meet development objectives and also influence product roadmap and direction, working alongside Product Managers, Development Leaders and Customers.
- Are a curious engineer who loves to discover how things work and determine how to improve them
- Enjoy learning new technologies with a view to defining optimal solutions
- Enjoy taking ideas from conception from delivery
- Are self motivated and have excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Enjoy working collaboratively with product and engineering teams to deliver value to clients
Your Work Experience
- 14+ years of experience as a Software Engineer building enterprise apps
- Extreme knowledge of Python
- Outstanding architecture and design skills of large SaaS systems
- Excellent Design skills - Mid to Low level design
- Architecture knowledge - High level understanding
- Exposure to Cloud - AWS and/or Azure. Preferably AWS
- Should have decent knowledge for Secure SDCL
- Experience working with large scale systems
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix
- BS in Computer-science or equivalent degree
- Should be able to write GOOD code.
- Overall design reviews & Code reviews for critical components / changes
- Strong background and experience with:
- Database systems
- Secure-coding/infosec principles
- Scalability & performance
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Leading technical development of features end to end (From requirements to code in production)
- Promoting engineering excellence, code quality and principles of software design and development in the team
- Help translating our business vision into state of the art software and efficient development processes
- Supporting our customers and troubleshooting production issues
- Being part of cross R&D engineering initiatives
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ offices to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.