Head of Pricing & Packaging
Pendo is seeking an experienced SaaS Pricing & Packaging pro to lead the Pricing and Packaging function at Pendo. This role will drive the Pricing and Packaging strategy for all Pendo products. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working cross-functionally with a variety of teams and have a passion for data analysis, financial modeling, and commercial strategy. In this role, you will need to be able to balance a variety of opinions, be customer-focused, and have the ability to work independently. Strong candidates will have a proven track record in delivering successful Pricing and Packaging strategies for enterprise software products and have delivered these strategies in a fast-paced business environment.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Drive pricing and packaging strategy for all of Pendo products that is aligned with customer value and optimizes for future growth
- Work with Product Management to understand product roadmap and feature functionality to develop pricing and packaging recommendations
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success to provide strategic and analytical support on negotiations
- Keep an eye on the market and competition to keep us a step ahead and understand which product levers we’re in the best position to monetize
- Get executive buy-in and alignment around new Pricing and Packaging strategies
- Develop Pricing and Packaging collateral and tools in the form of presentations, FAQs, etc. to enable the Sales and Customer Success teams
- Liaison between operations, legal, product, and IT to manage and deploy all SKUs and contribute to the new product introduction processes
Qualifications (what you have):
- 4+ years of Pricing, Product Marketing, Consulting and/or Corporate Strategy experience focused on enterprise software products
- Able to analyze data and distill into actionable insights for senior leadership
- High level of attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate and communicate across Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Operations, and Finance
- Experience with product-led offerings (freemium or free trial) a plus
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ a plus
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation(s) for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in:
Raleigh, NC - USD $150,000 - $180,000
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.