Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Join our Platform Engineering team at Qualified as a Senior Software Engineer and play a pivotal role in developing the infrastructure that enables us to deliver impactful products and services. Our team is responsible for accelerating the delivery of value to our customers across key areas: Cloud Infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, Monitoring and Observability, and engineering tools. Your goal will be to increase deployment velocity and confidence, raise our quality bar, and further enhance Qualified’s world-class technical culture.
About the Role
This is a senior-level technical role with high impact, where you will work on high-value technologies at the intersection of distributed systems, big data, orchestration systems, and public cloud platforms. This includes providing technical guidance and mentorship to other engineers, defining/refining our architecture, updating processes, and establishing best practices across the engineering organization. As a senior engineer, you will collaborate with others to design, build, test, and own the infrastructure and processes that support our product engineering teams. Earning customer trust is key to our product’s success; therefore, this role includes a focus on facets such as reliability, scalability, observability, and maintainability.
- Lead the design and implementation of secure, fault-tolerant, and robust cloud infrastructure on public cloud services.
- Help plan and execute timely launches of appropriate infrastructure upgrades and changes that enable faster execution, improved scale, and increased cost efficiency.
- Lead the evolution of our design and implementation of Continuous Integration and Deployment in a multi-service environment, with an emphasis on reducing complexity and increasing resilience.
- Leverage DataDog, Sentry, and other tools to monitor system infrastructure and configuration for disruption, anomalies, or evidence of intrusion.
- Define, promote, and maintain runbooks and operating procedures; create and maintain system and architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Mentor and support the development team, acting as a force multiplier, aiding in their growth and productivity.
- Embrace a startup culture: be adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, and capable of wearing multiple hats.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in cloud platforms, infrastructure, and DevOps, including software development in one or more programming languages
- Deep experience architecting solutions on cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience in architecting secure networks in public clouds.
- Delivered and refined CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience in automated provisioning using infrastructure-as-code, such as CDK, Cloudformation, Terraform, or Pulumi.
- Automated deployments using container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, AWS EC2 Container Service, or Docker.
- Strong experience with monitoring and logging tools such as DataDog, Prometheus, Grafana, or ELK.
- Database management experience a plus, especially with PostgreSQL or ClickHouse.
Qualified is changing the way companies market and sell with conversational marketing.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Qualified was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneurs Kraig Swensrud (former CMO of Salesforce.com) and Sean Whiteley, a duo with a proven track record in enterprise software. Their first company, search marketing firm Kieden, was acquired by Salesforce in 2006, Their second company, online survey and customer experience platform GetFeedback, was acquired by Campaign Monitor in 2014, and later acquired by SurveyMonkey in 2019. Qualified is an early-stage, fast-paced, fast-growing startup in the SOMA area of San Francisco. The company has raised $163M in venture funding, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Tiger Global, Sapphire, and Salesforce Ventures.
Qualified has three main values that are carried throughout everything they do:
We’re all in this together with a shared goal: grow the business and each other. Work as a team, win as a team. Collaborate and strategize across departments to deliver A+ work. We are bold thought leaders that value creating a sense of belonging for all and celebrating our wins, big or small.
Prioritize the customer above everything else. Build a product that our customers love. Establish ourselves as their trusted advisor and do “Whatever it takes” to make them successful. Prove the ROI. Only when our customers win do we win.
Think Big & Move Fast
We’re defining a new category and we have fierce competition. Fast-paced innovation is the name of the game. We look forward. We reimagine. We throw out new ideas. We test things. We move quickly. We challenge the norm. We don’t settle for status quo.
On the heels of their Series C financing, Qualified is looking to grow the team so that they can do even more, even faster; they’re focused on delivering our customers more innovation, additional services, an expanded product portfolio, and even deeper ties into the Salesforce CRM platform. Qualified is looking for folks that are fired up about joining a fast-paced, fast-growing company that is doing big things.
Diversity & Inclusion
Qualified is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.