Sales Engineer - East
At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
About the Role:
A rare opportunity to be part of a growing sales team in a well-funded SaaS startup with great customer traction. You will work closely with sales as their technical partner in all the phases of the sales process – from evangelizing and demonstrating the technology to prospects, to defining and executing Proof of Concepts (POCs) and answering technical questions around StarTree's service and how it solves customer's real time analytics problems. Sales Engineers are also relied upon for various post-sales tasks, including implementations, optimizations, and helping ensure a high level of service for our customers. StarTree offers a fast-moving, dynamic, and challenging work environment, with the opportunity to make a direct impact on customers. This role is remote, but candidates should be working primarily from US Eastern Time.
- Provide technical leadership in sales opportunities with existing customers and prospects
- Research customer’s key requirements and execute Proof of Concepts
- Help customers in post sales implementations and support them through their use of the StarTree service
- Evangelize best practices, architecture patterns, and use cases internally and externally
- Advance expertise and technical excellence in Apache Pinot
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams by providing customer feedback to help shape the product roadmap
- Liaison with Marketing to help build customer case studies and reference materials
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Pre/Post-Sales or Customer facing roles
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and Presto is a plus
- Experience with distributed software applications architectures
- Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstration skills, as well as a good understanding of the sales and post sales processes
- Strong grasp of cloud infrastructure patterns and services in at least one of the three pubic clouds - Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Good understanding of OLAP technologies as well as SQL
- Bonus points: Certification in Solutions Architecture in one or more of the three public clouds - Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Bonus points: Masters degree in Computer Science with a major in Data related field (Data Science, Data Engineering, or Data Analytics)
What it Takes to Thrive
- A desire to learn and adapt in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- You must be a self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong team player
The OTE range for this US full-time position is $175,000 - $250,000, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. Additionally, new hires receive competitive and compelling equity grants, and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The OTE range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates. The Salary and Equity compensation offered may vary depending on factors including: location, skills, experience, and the assessment process.
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!