Advanced Sourcing Manager
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
The Advanced Sourcing Manager (ASM) is a key hands-on leadership role and is responsible for providing all advanced sourcing support for the site NPI projects by engaging in early and systematically tapping into our internal and external supply base for their innovation capability to achieve higher Quality and Gross Margins at time of new product launch and delivering robust products from a concentrated and committed supply base and delivering greater value to the business. The Advanced Sourcing Manager is responsible for directly managing and leading local R&D buyers and collaborating with the Category Managers to develop, maintain and execute the Sourcing Strategy to support local projects, focusing on Product Quality, Cost, Reliability, Flexibility, Risk, and Project Schedule. In addition to providing management oversight, the ASM will be an active member of the local project teams throughout all stages of the project, working closely with project stakeholders and leading the selection, evaluation, and qualification of materials suppliers and selected services for all assigned projects. This position sits within the Sword Integrated Supply Chain, reporting to the Director of Production & Procurement Planning.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive the overall global supply chain transformation project;
- Lead, mentor, train, and develop the R&D buyers through clear objectives, including goal setting, performance management, and reviews, and driving Key Performance Indicators;
- Improve team performance with team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, training, and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency, boost morale and drive success;
- Focuses on customer satisfaction by demonstrating Teamwork and empowerment, solving problems through a consultative approach, operating with honesty and integrity, and providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed member service;
- Assess and improve upon suppliers’ quality and ensure conformance to OSTA’s standards on process controls and process validation through the new product development process;
- Working with the New Product Development Purchasing team, ensuring early supplier engagement in material selection and specification development and facilitating technical and commercial communication between suppliers and the project team to improve quality, time to market, and cost;
- Serve as the Supplier Capability subject matter expert (SME), partnering with Category Management to provide supply market insights, linking supplier capabilities to business needs, and working with suppliers and engineering to determine technology design approaches that deliver the best cost and quality advantages;
- Perform cost analysis to drive the lowest total acquisition cost, lead efforts to reduce cost through Design to Value, competitive bidding, cost analysis, and negotiating terms and conditions;
- Provide guidance to R&D Product Design regarding supplier and component selection to ensure an optimized time to market, reduced supply risks upfront, and that product quality and compliance are built into the new product design;
- Responsible for creating a Statement of Work to support the RFQ, benchmarking, and negotiations, developing and managing an accurate costed BoM, and communicating variances during the development process;
- Ensure the seamless transition of sourcing assignments at new product launches to Category Managers, production buyers, and planners;
- Collaborate internally across several NPD project teams and externally with key strategic suppliers to become a Purchasing SME for the new products upon launch and support any future value engineering projects to improve quality, cost, and manufacturability for such products;
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and compliance activities within the prescribed area, including, but not limited to: Federal Drug Administration, EUMDR, Good Manufacturing Practices, and ISO standards (9001 and 13485).
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, or equivalent);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in New Product Development support, Vendor negotiations, Purchasing, and Quality functions, preferably in medical devices or other regulated industries;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership with strong relationship management ability;
- Computer programs: Proficient in Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Capacity and desire to master other Company tools such as Oracle/Net-Suite, Looker, Other WMS tools, etc;
- The ability to interpret and communicate clearly in Portuguese and English.
Bonus Points or We'd Love to see:
- Experience managing a high-volume, high-margin, high-customer service environment;
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM);
- Good understanding of business principles and supply chain technology advancements;
- Based in Porto, Portugal or Portugal (Remote).
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer the following:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy;
- To get to know more about our Tech Stack, check here
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?