Posted on Thursday, February 2, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
Sword is looking for a Mechanical engineer with 2 to 4 years of experience. You will join a highly skilled and diverse Hardware team and become a key participant in the development of new medical devices, from concept to mass production, as well as being part of the mechanical responsibility within management of our portfolio of products. We’re looking for someone with experience developing new devices with the proper mindset of combining a theoretical approach with hands-on prototyping and testing. You will naturally strive for innovation and have a pragmatic and fast-paced work structure. Creativity and technical knowledge are crucial to this role.
Working as a Mechanical Engineer at Sword, you will:
- Creation of 3D design solutions and 2D drawings using CAD modeling tools as well as defining specifications for suppliers and production;
- Provide technical support during supplier selection and sourcing process for parts;
- Follow-up of supplier processes, such as tool creation, to reach maturity before releasing for mass production;
- Define elegant but robust solutions to satisfy the product's functional requirements;
- Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3D models, and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions;
- Support the complete mechanical product life cycle: from key input during the initial concept to ramp-up for production and further improvement, you’ll be working on every stage of different projects.
Ideal set of skills:
- Mechanical Engineer with experience in the development of high-volume (100k/year) devices NPI - Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics, Precision Instruments, Automotive or similar;
- Experienced in multiple development projects from initial concept and design through to mass production;
- Proficient CAD and simulation skills in CATIA V5/V6, NX, Solidworks or equivalent;
- Proficient in GD&T, understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing;
- Experience in the design of complex small plastics components by different means of production and techniques (i.e. injection molding, overmolding, ultrasonic welding, etc.);
- English language skills are mandatory as candidates will work in an international environment and will be frequently required to create and present technical documentation;
- Excellent communication skills towards management, suppliers, and customers;
- Detail oriented, enthusiastic thinker, and capable of handling multiple assignments;
- Self-starter, autonomous, naturally curious, and relentlessly driven to find better solutions.
Things that would make you stand out:
- Experience in the design of LSR/ TPE components;
- Experience with Rapid Prototyping;
- Experience with Mold Flow Analysis and FEA Simulation;
- Familiar with PDM and PLM systems and best practices for design and component documentation and control;
- Designed for US, UK and EU compliance testing.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- The opportunity to make a real human impact of millions of people, and have a blast doing it;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company where you can add real value to an innovative solution;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity - fast-paced, fun, and energetic startup;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Hybrid work police (2-3 times at Porto's Office).
Please submit your resume in an English version.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.