ML Engineer (Portugal Based Remote/Hybrid)
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2023
Who we are:
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain . Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over 160+ other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented SWORD specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than two years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
Our AI team is responsible for bringing forth initiatives that will ultimately enable Sword to treat billions of people with high clinical effectiveness. They thrive at the productisation of Machine Learning features and certainly enjoy the Software development that comes with it.
How the team has recently contributed towards Sword’s mission:
- Decision support system for clinical prescription management;
- Ranking system to direct attention to members requiring assistance.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and improving Sword’s products through hands-on AI/ML development;
- Develop and maintain data processing pipelines for getting the data required to build and evaluate models;
- Work alongside the Product, Data & Engineering Teams to define and implement AI/ML-powered features for internal and external users;
- Share your knowledge and experience of how to build ML systems.
What you need to have:
- 2+ years of professional experience in Machine Learning;
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining machine learning systems;
- Solid experience in SQL and Python as well as experience developing production software;
- Working knowledge of Python data stack (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, scikit-learn, etc);
- Ability to learn quickly and dive deep into new problems and fields;
- Ability to communicate concepts clearly and interface with both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Critical thinking & self-direction: aware of the team’s direction and goals, you prioritize and solve issues accordingly.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and wearing different hats;
- Experience building data processing pipelines;
- Experience using cloud platforms like GCP or AWS.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy.
The interview process:
- 30-minute call with the recruiter;
- 30-minute call with the hiring manager;
- 1 take-home assignment (to be delivered within 1 week);
- 1h general skills and working principles interview;
- 1h mindset and cultural fit interview.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?