Accounts Payable Manager
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
We are searching for an Accounts Payable Manager working in our Porto Office, handling global accounts payable. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and self-directed individual who will come with experience working in a fast-growth environment. The candidate should have the ability to pay close attention to detail and a high degree of customer orientation and advanced experience in problem-solving and analytical skills. Our goal is to build the best Finance team in healthcare.
What you will do:
- Overseeing the Accounts Payable and ensuring effective and efficient receipt, review, archiving, and processing of vendor invoices;
- Implementing and monitoring internal controls, company policies, and accepted accounting practices to maintain timely payments and compliance for all vendor accounts;
- Preparing, submitting, supervising, and coordinating, the tracking of all payments and expenses, including vendor invoices, payroll expenses, purchase orders, and operating expenses;
- Ensuring compliance for all performed payments (prior audit, fraud controls, and payment approvals);
- Performs month-end tasks, such as proposing accruals and deferrals;
- Developing and implementing strategies to improve the reconciliation process by employing verification, rechecking, auditing, and other tools to maintain accurate financial records;
- Ensuring the organization and maintenance of the AP inbox, and providing guidance to the team to answer inquiries and process transactions promptly;
- Acting as a key liaison between internal business users and vendors, fostering strong relationships to facilitate correct and timely payments, while independently resolving invoice issues and disputes;
- Overseeing the review and processing of expense reports in Concur or other expense report tools, and providing training and guidance to team members as needed;
- Leading and managing ongoing projects for the implementation of technology solutions, and driving continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency of the Accounts Payable function;
- As the team, managing, coaching, and mentoring the Accounts Payable team, ensuring professional development and growth opportunities for team members;
- Collaborating with other departments and stakeholders to optimize processes, resolve issues, and support the overall financial goals of the organization. Additional AP and expense processing duties as necessary.
What you need to be successful:
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or any related field;
- 4+years experience successfully owning the end-to-end completion of full cycle accounts payable and expense reports, including implementing processes and policies.
- Skills and experience:
- Experience with accounts payable systems, ideally NetSuite and Coupa - preferred;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all levels of the company, including external vendors;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of customer orientation;
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?