Senior Data Engineer (Remote US)
New Jersey, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
Data is fundamental to Sword Health’s success - it supports operations, care delivery, enables us to measure and communicate our impact to our clients, and helps inform and drive our strategy. We are looking for an experienced Senior data engineer to join the team. This individual will manage the implementation and ongoing integration of external data feeds from our clients and partners.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain ETL/ELT data pipeline that ingest data from multiple sources with different technologies (MySQL, BigQuery, Mongo, Cloud Storage, CSV, etc.).
- Work with complex data architectures like Kappa and lambda architectures. You’ll have the opportunity to work with batch and/or streaming processes.
- Maintain and/or develop new features for sword’s big and complex data warehouse.
- Work and collaborate with internal stakeholders (analytics, marketing, clinical operations, growth) to develop strategies and data products to solve real world problems.
- Have the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting technologies in data field
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience with at least one programming language. E.g. Python, Java and others
- Experience with software development is considered.
- Strong SQL and data modeling knowledge.
- Knowledge about other database types, like NoSQL databases is considered.
- Experience in cloud-based architectures, such GCP and AWS
- Be proactive and capable of proposing improvements (technical debt, internal processes, etc) within the team.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Knowledge of Data Governance
- Exposure to healthcare data is a plusExperience with Modern Data Stack such as DBT, Bigquery.
- Experience with orchestration frameworks like Apache AirflowExperience with Kafka Ecosystem. E.g. Kafka, Kafka Connect, Schema Registry and others
- Experience with handling data for DW that would feed industry leader BI & visualization tools such Looker, PowerBI,Tableau, etc
- Experience with IaC (Terraform) and Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
Why you should join our rocketship:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company valued at over $2bn
- Career development and growth with a competitive salary
- Chance to make healthcare work better for the people who need it most
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions)
- Remote work policy (but chances to work in person at offices in NYC + Salt Lake City)
SWORD Benefits(U.S. Based employee only)
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Equity Shares
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Parental leave
- Free Digital Therapist for your family
SWORD is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We champion diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. AtSWORD, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our applicants and team members is critical to our success as a global company. The more inclusive and diverse we are, the bigger our impact will be.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.