Head of Procurement
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
The Head of Procurement will be responsible for building and managing the procurement process for the company, ensuring that all purchases are made in a timely, compliant, and cost-effective manner. This includes but is not limited to: managing internal demand, negotiating with vendors, evaluating bids and proposals, and selecting the best products and services for the company's needs. This role will work closely with the VP of Finance and other key stakeholders across the business to ensure that all purchases are aligned with the company's strategic goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting into the VP, Finance, you will build and scale a best-in-class procurement function. You will partner closely with senior leadership across various functions to establish best practices in procurement strategy, systems, processes and policies.
- You will partner closely with senior leadership across Sales and Marketing, Product, Engineering, and G&A functions to understand and support business strategy and investment priorities. Procurement should be seen as a strategic partner to drive economic value through cost-saving / cost-avoidance which can be reinvested into driving Sword’s growth.
- Manage the procurement lifecycle with current and future vendors. You will manage vendor relationships, monitor contract expirations, partner closely with internal stakeholders on strategies, and initiate renewal negotiations with suppliers.
- Represent Sword in commercial negotiations with vendors to drive favorable pricing and terms, and ensure risk mitigation. You will lead strategic, potentially complex, multi-faceted negotiations with vendors, including technical service providers critical to Sword’s day-to-day operations and long-term success.
- Develop and communicate procurement best practices across the organization. As a strategic partner to the business, you will develop, communicate, and implement an engagement model for the business built on procurement best practices.
- Create and monitor procurement KPI’s/metrics. You will develop metrics to measure procurement’s impact on the organization and track progress to goals.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, a fast learner and thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
- A highly analytical problem-solver, with a propensity for taking action.
- A thoughtful collaborator, and great listener, keenly focused on understanding business challenges, building strong relationships and driving even stronger outcomes
- Able to “zoom in and out” of details when needed. You love to “roll up the sleeves” and get into the data and analysis while keeping the bigger picture in focus.
- An excellent communicator capable of translating complex, nuanced, or detailed analysis into clear, actionable summaries or recommendations.
- Extremely organized, comfortable in ambiguity, and highly adaptable while creating clarity and focus in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- 7+ years of experience in finance or business operations, procurement, sourcing, or a similar role with a heavy focus on building scalable processes and vendor negotiations.
- Deep knowledge of, and experience negotiating with many of the common vendors across typical categories of a high-growth technology company
- Experience building and/or scaling teams, tools, and processes in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Implemented and driven adoption of company-wide, global processes/best practices
- Built, managed, mentored, and/or developed a high-performing team at a growing organization
*Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.*
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.
See more open positions at SWORD Health
Something looks off?