Associate General Manager
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
As the Associate General Manager of International, you will help developing this global reach by being the right hand to the General Manager, and play a key role working across product, clinical operations, sales, customer success, and marketing.
This is a highly cross-functional role that requires deep collaboration and stakeholder management, attention to detail, project management, strong analytical skills, and the ability to make things happen.
What you'll be doing:
- Help the GM handle the team through project management, operating enablement, and critical initiatives program development;
- Collaborate with the GM to define the goals and strategic initiatives to be launched by the business;
- Be responsible for supporting and improving the team's effectiveness through planning, prioritization, and driving execution follow-ups;
- You will serve as a program manager on impact projects, from concept to strategy and execution, working with a vast array of partners on both the strategic vision and project execution;
- Promote a metrics-driven culture, with the development of consistent approaches to setting performance targets, forecasting, and ongoing performance improvement;
- Process Improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible. Cycle learnings back to leadership for continuous improvement;
- Lead by Example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality, and then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans.
What you need to have:
- 4+ years of corporate strategy, start-up operations, and/or executive management experience;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate meaningful insights;
- Have top-notch project/process management skills, and you are rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and can think outside the box;
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - be a strong problem solver with a data-oriented approach;
- Grittiness, creativity, ability to operate with unknowns to get things done;
- Ability to diffuse conflict without escalation through strong interpersonal skills.
- Real-world entrepreneurship experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Management or related areas.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.