Algorithms Software Engineer -Motion Analysis- (Portugal Based Remote / Hybrid)
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
Who we are:
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest-growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over 160+ other established businesses across the world. The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than two years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high-quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone. This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper-growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high-caliber people with passion, commitment, and energy to create and deliver technologies, services, and products that drive human progress forward. We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale, and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword - working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting-edge technologies.
Our Algorithms team is a technically versatile Software Engineering team that thrives at solving complex and ambiguous problems. They are the team behind our motion tracking and motion analysis technology, the engine of our Digital Therapist.
To do what:
- Design and implement algorithms for analyzing the patient’s movement to enable evaluating exercises and providing detailed feedback in real-time;
- Implement features that include the above algorithms or interact with existing algorithms directly in a large production codebase (Java);
- Write well-designed, efficient, and scalable code;
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain code and documentation, and create tests and validation procedures to ensure quality;
- Iteratively improve the product with data-driven analysis.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience in solving complex and ambiguous problems with software, regardless of the field;
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (in industry or academia) and strong software development skills;
- Experience working on projects from ideation to completion and maintenance (including releasing and iterating);
- Ability to learn quickly and dive deep into new problems and fields;
- Ability to interface with non-technical stakeholders;
- Ability to visualize and interpret data of different types (tabular, time-series, relational databases, etc.);
- Critical thinking & self-direction;
- Results-oriented mindset;
- Willingness and ability to collaborate effectively as a team to reach common goals.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and wearing different hats;
- Experience working with a large code base of production-grade software;
- Experience with game development, applied mathematics, signal processing, control systems or computer vision/machine learning.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy;
- We have offices in Porto and Lisbon, so if you want to have face-to-face contact you can always work from there.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.