Senior Quality Test Engineer
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2024
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the customer experience team to triage field complaints. Prioritize and drive investigation, test, and solution implementation.
- Partner with our Quality Assurance team to drive non-conformity and CAPA closures that involve product defects.
- Conduct root cause analysis of field failures and verify through controlled experiments
- Collaborate with engineering teams to develop and execute design and test plans that improve quality by design.
- Plan and execute Beta testing in the field for Continuous Improvement and NPI programs.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality and yields, in collaboration with our manufacturing and supply chain teams.
- Document key manufacturing test data requirements within our Quality Management System.
- Some travel outside of Portugal may be required (<10%)
What you need to have:
- 5+ years experience with 3+ high-volume (100k+/year) electronics NPI programs brought to design maturity
- Comes from a technical background in a technical field, preferably ME, EE, or SW.
- Hands-on hacker with ability to build basic test fixtures using programmable kits such as Arduinos.
- Advanced DOE skills, capable of developing functional testing programs based on engineering / user requirements.
- Naturally curious and methodical engineer capable of doing root-cause analysis of failure modes across hardware, electronics, and software.
- Very familiar with high volume manufacturing, capable of providing input on the right level of in-line QC inspection.
- Designed for US and EU compliance testing (FCC/IC, FDA, EU)
- Experience in the development and launch of medical device hardware a plus.
*Please note that this position does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must possess a valid EU visa and be based in Portugal.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.