Customer Engineer/Post-Sales Implementation Public Sector - Federal
Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 & 2023 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
Tetrate is searching for experienced Senior Customer Engineers (CE), to act as a post-sale implementation specialist for our Federal customer account portfolio. The Customer Engineers (a.k.a Field Engineers or Software Services) are the premiere post-sales experts and implementers of Tetrate’s products. They work closely with sales, product management, and engineering to ensure that our products have the right experiences and shape, to drive value in customer engagements that will allow for maximum retention, productivity and successful business outcomes. They are responsible for providing technical expertise and strategic guidance, partnering with our customers on implementation and onboarding to drive adoption and promote use. The ideal candidate will be a scrappy executor, able to work independently, and lead complex POCs with our customers as they adopt Tetrate’s products.
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of TSB over live workloads within cloud native environments.
- Advising the customer on Kubernetes best practices.
- Advisement and troubleshooting of any Networking issues
- Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Technical documentation, and knowledge transfer, including collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases ( tech. Writing , blog sites) as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- Working directly with customers at every layer of their organization (C Suite to data scientists and developers) and acting as a trusted advisor for our users
- Helping identify potential improvements and gaps in our product and prioritizing features through the development process
- Efficiently managing stakeholders to ensure that we stay focused on our key objective and metrics in the sales process
- Driving crisp communication about our products and services, both internally and externally
- Keep internal and partner facing areas up-to-date with the most current information.
- 7+ years of experience in designing and implementing enterprise software or security solutions in cloud, security, networking, storage or comparable space in a professional services capacity required
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Experience with Kubernetes (CNCF CKA/D) or similar certifications)
- Formal or semi-formal education or structured exposure to Computer Science and distributed systems, and appropriate domain knowledge in these areas
- Experience building production cloud architectures with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc), especially with Compute (ex. EC2), Networking (ex. VPC, ELB,etc) and Kubernetes (ex. GKE).
- Familiar with service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Good understanding of DevOps, systems administration, APM, microservice design
- A reasonable ability to code and script, sufficient understanding of technical product offering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are a globally distributed company that is fully remote, however, this role needs to be filled within the continental U.S.