Senior Security Engineer
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
What is the role:
The Senior Security Engineer position at ThoughtSpot will help build and operate the security infrastructure that protects ThoughtSpot’s critical data and assets. You will be a hands-on representative of the information security team and will assist with security engineering, incident response, and vulnerability remediation.
This role will support deploying security tools, hardening the infrastructure, and enhancing the automation of vulnerability management processes. This position requires organizational skills, analytic skills, quick reaction, attention to detail and technical expertise. We are looking for motivated, passionate experts in security engineering and operations who can help us maintain highly defensible infrastructure and provide best practices for our security solutions.
• Build, deploy, and manage security tools and services to address information security risks in networks, endpoints, and servers and increase the company’s security posture
• Discover, remediate, and validate security issues across the infrastructure including supporting scan tools, executing vulnerability scans, performing analysis, and recommending and tracking mitigations
• Work closely with various members of the Information Security and IT teams to support, maintain and enhance deployed technical and procedural controls
• Provide subject matter expertise on enterprise information security technologies with a focus on building cross-functional partnerships
• At least 7 years in the security field, with 4+ years of experience working in Security Engineering
• In-depth experience in complex computing environments with technical knowledge of security engineering, network security, and vulnerability management
• Expertise in the hardening and securing of endpoints, servers, and other infrastructure systems
• Experience deploying and customizing security tools to address threats and lower risk: vulnerability scanners, web application firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint security monitoring, etc.
• An analytical mind for problem-solving, abstract thought, and offensive security tactics
• Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral communication)
• CISSP, CCSP, or GIAC certifications are a plus
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
Something looks off?