Staff Engineer- Backend (Observability)
About The Role:
Come join a team of world-class engineers building ThoughtSpot’s relational search engine. We are looking for engineers with a proven track record of being industry visionaries to join the team responsible for building ThoughtSpot’s natural language relational search engine, personalized data exploration engine, universal object search engine, AI powered ranking and relevance engine, distributed in-memory search indexing infrastructure and much more.
What You'll Do:
- Architect, design, and implement platform services which enable ThoughtSpot microservices to meet and exceed our enterprise customers’ evolving demands.
- Help define technical strategy and roadmap eliciting requirements from customers, partners, product management, support, and engineering teams.
- Act as technical lead for delivering best in the class observability platform for ThoughtSpot developers to reduce time to triage and time to resolve issues.
- Enable ThoughtSpot developers to identify issues and service level degradation even before the ThoughtSpot customers can identify the issue.
- Working collaboratively with v-team comprising cross-team members and being a role model of our company culture of “Selfless Excellence”.
- Handle direct customer interactions for roadmap planning, product explorations and adoption, and resolution of pain points.
- Mentor and train other engineers to assist with their career growth and improve organization’s capability.
- Continuously look for innovative ways to improve customer experience as well as improve engineers productivity.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in software design and development.
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading team and projects
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Well versed with current trends and industry best practices for developing a best in class observability platform involving cloud native monitoring, logging and tracing tools. Developing highly available, scalable, performant, secure, and easy to manage systems, services, and uniform tooling experience which work seamlessly in cloud, multi cloud and on-prem.
- Experience in designing cloud native service and cluster metrics monitoring, logging and distributed tracing stack development for modern cloud infrastructure an SaaS applications.
- Strong systems programming skills, and coding skills in languages such as Go/Java/Python.
- Strong algorithmic thinking, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?