Staff Security Engineer
- Define and execute the security posture for ThoughtSpot services running across multiple cloud and hybrid environments.
- Provide technical leadership, mentor team members, and lead initiatives across the R&D org across geographies
- Experiment and drive technology decisions across multi-cloud environments - AWS , GCP, private cloud.
- Architect and implement state-of-the-art security solutions and services to secure deployment and operations of ThoughtSpot services running in both public cloud and on-prem
- Implement frameworks and best practices in addressing all security domains such as endpoints, networks, applications, and infrastructure
- Work with customers to understand their security requirements, recommend best practices to deploy and manage ThoughtSpot to comply with those requirements, and work with engineering teams to plug any feature gaps
- Implement capabilities for static and dynamic analysis, monitoring, intrusion detection, vulnerability management, and incident response across ThoughtSpot product suite
- Work towards achieving various industry certifications and meeting compliance requirements
- Experience in defining strategy and technical roadmap for continuously improving security posture of product and services
- 10+ years in cloud security, security engineering, security solutions, network security, architecture, and operations experiences in SaaS and on-prem products
- You bring in expertise in either of these security domains: network, cloud, application security, and infrastructure
- Proficient in SaaS and cloud-based development practices and familiar with development for AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud environments
- Experience with IAM, encryption, key management, firewall technologies, IDPS, anti-malware and vulnerability scanning tools
- Strong security architecture and hands-on engineering skills with deep knowledge of cloud operational models and secure SaaS architecture
- Experience in diverse cross-functional teams working across different geographic time-zones is good to have for the role
- Familiarity with SOC 2, ISO 27001, OWASP, SANS or CSA standards and best practices
Standout Skills/Key Differentiators
- Hands on experience on handling security posture for SaaS platforms.
- Experience in multiple cloud native security tools - GCP security center, WAF configuration handling, implementation of OWASP principles
- Deep understanding of technical security across a spectrum of cloud infrastructure environments
- security controls and capabilities (e.g., DDoS, Firewalls, WAF, Network Segregation)
- Deep understanding and experience of multi-layer security controls ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Considerable experience with security tools (e.g., SAST/DAST, SCA, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing)
- Experience with Identity and Access Management security solutions and protocols (e.g., SAML, OpenID, and OAuth)
- Understanding of security by design principles, architecture level security, API security, and Zero Trust security concepts
- Experience and understanding of Container/Kubernetes security and controls
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?