Senior Financial Analyst, GTM Finance
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, GTM (go-to-market) at ThoughtSpot you’ll be involved in planning, tracking, and monitoring the business across various Marketing and Services segments of the organization. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference at the ground level of a global, pre-IPO, tech company. In this role, you will work closely with both the Marketing and Services organizations as a business partner with high-visibility supporting both leadership teams. Reporting to the Manager, GTM Finance, this role is an integral part of reporting, forecasting, and partnership for the business’s GTM organizations.
What you'll do:
- Lead GTM finance efforts for building and reporting on marketing, services, and pipeline analytics including conversion rates, discounting, services utilization, and sales funnel sourcing metrics
- Partner with both the marketing and services organizations to build and track forecasts overseeing all day-to-day finance operations of both organizations including tracking OpEx, Headcount, Purchase Orders / Invoices, and completing ad-hoc requests as necessary
- Prepare monthly and quarterly P&L and high-level financial packages for both the marketing and services Organizations
- Analyze business results providing advice on the financial impact of operating decisions
- Lead the month/quarter-end close process including reviewing journal entries and accruals, ensuring accurate financial results, and providing variance analysis by collaborating with accounting
- Drive process improvements for greater efficiency and accuracy
- Use key data sources and tools (Salesforce, Adaptive Insights, ThoughtSpot, Coupa) to build, update, and improve models and analytics to identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Assist with ad hoc strategic and operational projects as needed
What you bring:
- Must have experience within an enterprise software company (SaaS experience a bonus) with experience in go-to-market FP&A (Sales, Marketing, CS, PS, etc.)
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Economics
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A or a business partner finance role required
- This position is not currently eligible for sponsorship
- Advanced Excel (Google Sheets) and PowerPoint (Google Slides) skills with the ability to quickly build and manipulate
- Experience using Adaptive Planning, BI Tools (ThoughtSpot, Tableau, Power BI), Coupa, Netsuite, and other financial systems
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong business sense with ability to utilize financial data to help develop insights to business performance
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
Something looks off?