Software Engineer - Backend
As a Software Engineer Backend you will be building an application that leverages GPT and machine learning technologies. You will be building a programming copilot which makes embedding ThoughtSpot easy for developers. This is truly an opportunity to build and lead something from scratch that will be the first of its kind in the business intelligence market.
ThoughtSpot is on a mission to create a more fact-driven world. Our platform is disrupting the $200B+ analytics market industry by making it 1000x faster and easier for non-technical business people to answer their own data questions, based on innovations in search engines, in-memory large-scale computing & AI technology. With ThoughtSpot, anyone from C-suite executives to front-line employees can use a simple search to instantly analyze billions of rows of data and leverage artificial intelligence to get relevant insights on questions they might not have thought to ask. If you’re looking to solve hard problems in a large market, this is the role for you!
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and unit test complex and scalable web applications and software infrastructure
- Follow best practices, guidelines and blueprints for the team
- Have technical ownership of one or more modules and work with the leads, managers and architects in the delivery
- Strong problem solving, analytical, design, decision-making and communication skills
- Create and maintain software documentation. Develop tools and frameworks for services and applications
- Build tools and workflows to help report and debug issues as seen by customers using ThoughtSpot web applications
- Bring amazing problem-solving skills and an ability to identify, quantify, debug, and remove bottlenecks and functional issues
- You will be working on technologies built upon using GPT/OpenAI
What You'll Bring:
- At least 2-3 years of software development experience
- Expertise in building backend API services in Java
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and deployment of applications in cloud environments including familiarity with various cloud services like S3, Redis, EKS, etc which are frequently used in cloud deployments
- Experience working with GPT or ML technologies is a plus
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?