Staff Software Engineer - Machine Learning
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
We, at ThoughtSpot, are looking for a Staff Engineer for our Search team.
ThoughtSpot was started with the mission of making the world more fact driven by empowering any business professional to ask ad-hoc questions of their data without any technical skill. This mission has been realized by building foundational systems and expertise in NLP, distributed systems, analytical databases, relevance models, personalization, and more recently Generative AI. Users can search existing analytical content, or automatically create new insights, charts, and visualizations based on natural language search.
The Search Engineering team has been at the forefront of this problem over the past decade. This team has created the Data Analytics product most differentiated on AI and Natural Language. Our AI infrastructure includes distributed tries, graphs, indexes, data models, logs, events, etc deployed across more than fifty microservices built to scale for billions of data points.
You will be a hands-on technical leader in this team responsible to build, scale, and innovate on the Search system and experience to democratize analytics for all business professionals. You will have the opportunity to apply the latest advances in NLP and Generative AI to our next-generation analytics platform, to help millions of business-people make smarter decisions.
- Applying state-of-the-art models and techniques to problems in Data Analytics with a continuous focus on accuracy and relevance
- Building, training and deploying Machine Learning models in Natural Language problems like Understanding, Processing and Generation, specially foundational Large Language Models.
- Design, develop, test, maintain, monitor and improve distributed systems and infrastructure to enable high velocity iteration.
- Lead a two-pizza team of engineers and mentor them
- Bring technical thought leadership to advance ThoughtSpot’s differentiation and market leadership in the democratizing data analytics for business users
- Have 10+ years of experience designing and implementing high-performance distributed systems and solving complex problems in this space. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by millions of people.
- Experience in training, evaluating, deploying and monitoring machine learning / AI models in the cloud.
- Strong coding skills in one of the modern languages such as C++/GO/Java/Python
- Exposure with complex, high volume, multi-dimensional data, as well as AI/ML models based on unstructured, structured, and streaming datasets
- Previous experience with NLP technologies like LLMs, is a plus.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.