Engineering Manager - CX, (Automation & Framework Development)
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
We, at ThoughtSpot, are looking for an Engineering Manager - Customer Experience. You will build and lead the highly skilled customer experience team whose mission is to alleviate the experience of all Thoughtspot customers across its products and offerings.
This team works with all product, engineering and customer teams across Thoughtspot, It is responsible for enhancing customer experience by building automation frameworks and tools, defining right quality processes and gates by acting as an owner for QA practices at Thoughtspot.
- Define and drive increasing quality and experience for the end customers for the product by enabling all engineering teams to define and build automated safety gates which drives quality with velocity.
- This involves identifying and building high-leverage tools, test frameworks and processes among others to improve overall product quality.
- Deliver effective test plans through active involvement in design and architecture discussions for all new initiatives along with engineers, PMs and other key stakeholders.
- Define and defend exit criteria for feature/component and releases
- Define and implement measurable quality standards for the application with tools and processes along the lines of full stack product performance, availability, user experience and functionality.
- Hire, mentor and coach other team members and enable team growth
You know you are the right person if you:
- Are a hands-on individual who can technically and managerially lead the team as well as roll up sleeves as needed.
- Are deeply passionate about the quality of products, the associated user experience and uncompromising engineering standards. You have been doing this for 10+ years and are still wide-eyed about the possibilities of delivering high-quality products with velocity at scale.
- Strong expertise in Functional, E2E, System, Non Functional tests
- Establish test process, strategy and architecture across the organization
- Proven background in backend and front end test frameworks development.
- Must be hands-on and extremely skilled in trouble shooting complex product issues and help the development team in reproducing the same
- Have stellar collaboration skills in dealing with complex cross functional gaps. Must be comfortable in bringing teams together and build clarity on execution.
- Ability to bring structure in fast-paced environments
- Have a BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Have experience with framework development and automated testing of web applications or distributed systems
- Have excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills in a diverse environment working with cross-functional teams
- Actively provide technical leadership and mentorship in your team to help people be more effective and grow
Great! If you have these as well:
- Experience in building cloud automation
- Prior experience in database testing at scale.
- Exposure to shadow testing strategies and microservices testing.
- Prior understanding of multitenant architecture
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
Something looks off?