Product Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Reporting to the SVP of Product, you will be responsible for the Product team’s operating health. Product Operations enables our team to build and deliver best-in-class experiences that delight our customers. Together, we achieve key business goals by creating efficient, effective, and scalable systems and processes. Your stakeholders include the SVP of Product, the Product Management and Design teams, as well as stakeholders from cross-functional departments. Your focus areas will include best practices for operational efficiency in product development, generating cross-functional alignment, driving continued education, and enabling PMs and Designers to focus on creative work and craft.
The ideal candidate brings a unique blend of strategic, operational, and people skills. You are a data-driven structured problem solver and a persuasive communicator. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves to get things done. You thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, driving progress across a variety of parallel initiatives.
We are open to hiring in any of our hub locations: San Francisco, New York, or Toronto.
What You Will Do
- Build systems and tooling for constant alignment, accountability, and feedback for teams across Tonal
- Drive continuous improvement in our Product Development Process by setting and documenting best practices, gathering internal and external feedback, identifying, socializing, and leading the implementation of impactful recommendations
- Develop and own ongoing refinements to playbooks and operational best practices for tasks and processes including road-mapping, quarterly planning, OKRs, and PRD development
- Ensure cross-functional alignment and efficient decision-making by providing visibility and communications about plans, priorities, and progress to stakeholders
- Consolidate key team information in an easily accessible location: templates, guidelines, references, and resources for Product Managers and Designers
- Manage and optimize the product stack and tools
- Support setting up and identifying agenda for recurrent Product & Design Reviews including Senior Leadership forums
- Support and develop an effective onboarding process for new team members
- Assist with project staffing
- Develop a continuing education curriculum for Product Managers and Designers
- Manage design contractors/vendors, including setting up processes and support coordinating projects and tracking budgets
Who You Are
- 4-7 years of experience in product management, program/project management, or business/product operations
- Expert in best practices in product management, product design, UX research, and software development
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated success in navigating change management with teams of 100+ people
- Ability to build strong relationships with PMs, Product Designers, senior leaders, and cross-functional partners
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to execute on large, cross-functional projects
- Ability to adapt and switch from small to large-scale project planning and organizational challenges
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills including a proven ability to break down ambiguous problems, derive actionable data-driven insights, and turn them into solutions
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with vendor relationship management
- Reliable, responsive, and enthusiastic
- Self-starter with an enthusiasm for driving efficiency
- Familiarity with business systems and tools such as Coda, Figma, JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, Amplitude, Looker
The range of base salary for the position is between $140,000 - $200,000 USD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.