Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will assist our Manager, Corporate Accounting in managing the day-to-day accounting operations of the Tonal group of companies. This role is expected to work with the Senior Manager, Accounting to lead the general accounting, working with our current outsourced finance team, as well as participating in hiring and growing an internal team.
What You Will Do
- Work with the outsourced accounting team to supervise and perform company accounting functions
- Prepare journal entries and perform month-end tasks and reconciliations
- Review and reconcile material balances as part of period end reporting
- Review the booking of transactions, ensuring proper classification of charges, preparing month-end packages used for reviewing performance and ensuring balances are appropriate
- Assist in documentation and review of new transactions to ensure compliance with applicable US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Assisting with ad-hoc technical research on accounting issues that arise, evaluating alternatives and making relevant recommendations
- Generate meaningful flux analysis commentary based on input from operational groups and convey to the Finance organization as part of month-end reporting packages
- Participate in the documentation and review of internal processes, make continuous improvements to financial processes
- Assist in the management of financial reporting processes and policies, continuously implementing best practices where appropriate to improve reporting accuracy and timeliness
- Assist the accounting team with preparing and reviewing information for external parties including auditors
- Participate in other projects and other duties as needed
Who You Are
- Canadian CPA designation or working towards a designation
- Able to present information to various levels and communicate requirements
- Ability to manage several priorities at once, collaborate cross-functionally, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced accounting function
- Experience with Netsuite, Tipalti and Blackline is preferable
- Knowledge of US GAAP is an asset
The range of base salary for the position is between $85,000 - $95,000 CAD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.