Technical Content Developer/Delivery
Software Engineering, IT
Remote · United States
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2023
Uptycs builds best-in-class cloud security products that leverage lightweight tools, built on open source software, to collect everything that can help detect, understand, and mitigate a wide variety of security problems. We run on laptops and cloud workloads, monitor Kubernetes and serverless containers, analyze AWS/GCP/Azure configuration and CloudTrail events, you name it. We analyze petabytes of data, process millions of events per second, and run a control plane that enables continuous scanning for vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and APT malware on all major cloud providers and hundreds of thousands of macOS, Linux, and Windows endpoints
Uptycs enables security professionals at companies such as Comcast, Flexport and Lookout to quickly prioritize, investigate, and respond to potential threats across a company's entire attack surface.
Uptycs Technical Content Developers use their exceptional communication and presentation skills to design, develop, and deliver learning and practicing experiences for external and internal audiences. Uptycs Technical Content Developers have in-depth security domain expertise and are well-versed with the complete Uptycs ecosystem. Our content designers and trainers use proven techniques to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
What You'll Do:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs ( External, Internal, business, technical )
- Conduct tailored enablement for customers, and internal teams (employees, sales)
- Define instructional end goals and create appropriate content
- Visualize instructional presentations, the user experience, and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, games etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Modularize content to facilitate efficient learning delivery and update material with minimal effort as the product evolves
- Maintain good project documentation and course folders
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, Customer facing teams and Leadership to develop training roadmap, delivery milestones, and drive timely delivery.
- On occasion, be able to deliver this training to external and internal audiences.
What We're Looking For:
- Solid technical training experience teaching security products and Ideally an experienced and certified security practitioner that can bring practical field experiences to resonate with audience
- Security Domain Knowledge on Mac, Linux, and Windows platforms
- Networking Domain Knowledge
- Excellent public speaking skills and experience speaking at conferences
- Experience delivering effective Instructor-led training, virtual training, and self-learning courses
- Proven working experience in instructional design and instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning and delivery skills to keep the audience engaged
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
Uptycs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Uptycs is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.
See more open positions at Uptycs
Something looks off?