Growth Machine Learning Engineer, Generative AI (Remote)
Weights & Biases
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $250 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to the Director of Growth ML, you will join the Growth ML team in building Generative AI examples, training ML models, and creating engaging, educational technical content for our blog, webinars, and social media that showcase Weights & Biases’ developer tools and drive new user growth.
The Growth ML team maintains the open-source integrations that tens of thousands of ML Engineers use daily. We write technical blog posts, create the AI courses which tens of thousands have participants have now taken, and host educational webinars where we teach the community about new Generative AI model training techniques, ML frameworks, and how to apply ML to in different use cases.
The Growth ML team also works closely with the Product and Engineering team to provide feedback and test early prototypes for our new developer tools features such as LLM Monitoring and Traces.
At Weights & Biases, we love building powerful developer tools, delighting our users, and being close to the center of the evolution of Generative AI and machine learning. If you are passionate about LLMs and Generative AI and spend your free time keeping up to date with LLM Twitter or hanging out in LLM training discords we’d love you to apply!
- Drive new user growth for Weights & Biases’ developer tools through content creation, community engagement, education and code
- Author and promote engaging Generative AI focussed blog posts and code examples that showcase the capabilities of Weights & Biases
- Build and maintain both our Generative AI and deep-learning open-source integrations which tens of thousands of ML Engineers use daily
- Engage daily with the Generative AI, machine learning and software engineering community on Twitter, LinkedIn and Discord
- Host educational webinars and occasionally travel to meetups and conferences
- Collaborate occasionally with our Product team to provide product feedback and test early prototypes for our new LLM features such as LLM Monitoring and Traces
- 3+ years industry experience in software engineering or ML model development on a machine learning team in a production environment
- Have written blog posts and/or social media threads that explore and push the limits of open or closed source LLMs such as Llama, GPT4, Claude, etc
- Experience pre-training and/or fine-tuning LLMs at the 1b+ scale
- Willingness to try new things, document and learn from them, and iterate quickly
- Ability to work autonomously in the self-directed, fast-paced environment of a startup
- A curious mind and a proactive, kind, and collaborative approach to your work
Why Join Us?
- Top-tier machine learning teams rely on our tools for their daily work at companies including OpenAI, MetaAI, Cohere, Anthropic, MosaicML, StabilityAI, MidJourney, Replit, Epic Games and many more
- You'll never stop learning. This role requires you to stay on top of the rapidly-developing world of Generative AI, understand problems these developers will face and create content to help them
- Our experienced founding team has deep knowledge of our industry, empathy for our users and has successfully built and sold ML developer tools in the past at Figure Eight
- Users genuinely benefit from our tool - virtually all of the top open and closed source LLMs and text to images models released to date were trained using Weights & Biases.
- 🏝️ Flexible time off
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 Home office budget with a new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave (U.S. specific)
- 📈 401(k) (U.S. specific)
- Supplemental benefits may be available depending on your location
- Explore benefits by country
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.