Account Executive, Mid Atlantic
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to become the default transactional database for the cloud. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
We announced a $188M Series C round at a $1.3B valuation in October 2021, however we very much believe we are still in the early stages of our company’s journey. The transactional database market is estimated to grow from $40B in 2021 to $64B by 2025. Given our database is cloud-native by design, has on-demand horizontal scalability, and allows for geographical distribution of data using built-in replication, we are extremely well-positioned to address the market need for geo-distributed, high-scale, high-performance wordloads.
As a member of our Americas Sales Team, you will have the opportunity to own key accounts in the Mid-Atlantic region. The ideal candidate has successfully partnered with enterprise (i.e. Fortune 500) customers in a start-up environment and is excited to make a large impact at a fast-growing company. You are an ambitious sales hunter with a successful track record of bringing in new logos and closing large, enterprise deals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Bring in new logos, helping build the foundation of this geography
- Meet/exceed your sales quota
- Own your franchise: prospecting, discovery, pricing, quoting, negotiating, and closing the deal
- Manage product demonstrations with the help of Sales Engineering
- Partner with Marketing to generate demand
- Deep expertise selling enterprise software in the infrastructure space (database experience preferred)
- Strong relationships with top companies in the Mid-Atlantic U.S. territory
- Full-cycle tech sales experience, from pipeline generation to closing skills
- Coachability - tremendous desire to learn about distributed SQL and constantly improve in a “no-egos” environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit - you’re willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done