Account Executive, Northeast
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to become the default transactional database for the cloud. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
We announced a $188M Series C round at a $1.3B valuation in October 2021, however we very much believe we are still in the early stages of our company’s journey. The transactional database market is estimated to grow from $40B in 2021 to $64B by 2025. Given our database is cloud-native by design, has on-demand horizontal scalability, and allows for geographical distribution of data using built-in replication, we are extremely well-positioned to address the market need for geo-distributed, high-scale, high-performance wordloads.
As a member of our East Coast Sales Team, you will have the opportunity to own key accounts in the Northeast region. The ideal candidate has successfully partnered with enterprise (i.e. Fortune 500) customers and is excited to make a large impact at a fast-growing company. You are an ambitious sales hunter with a successful track record of bringing in new business (winning logos) and closing large, enterprise deals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Bring in new logos, helping build the foundation of this geography
- Meet/exceed your sales quota
- Own your business: prospecting, discovery, pricing, quoting, negotiating, and closing the deal
- Manage product demonstrations with the help of Sales Engineering
- Work with sales leadership to drive improvements to the sales cycle
- Partner with Marketing to generate demand
- Collaborate with our Product Team by communicating customer needs and requirements to influence our product roadmap
- Deep expertise selling enterprise software in the infrastructure space (database experience preferred)
- Strong relationships with top companies in the greater New York area (banks, telcos, insurance, etc.)
- Full-cycle tech sales experience, from pipeline generation to closing skills
- Coachability - tremendous desire to learn about distributed SQL and constantly improve in a “no-egos” environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit - you’re willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, LinkedIn, Outreach.io, and HubSpot
We feel strongly about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one way to help achieve that. The cash compensation for this role is market competitive, with a range of $250,000-$300,000, as well as equity (when applicable), and benefits including health plans, retirement plans, and unlimited paid time off (PTO). Some roles include variable/incentive compensation, or a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. The pay range for this position is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. The actual pay will vary based on factors including experience, qualifications, and skill level.