Director of Consumer Compliance
DIRECTOR OF CONSUMER COMPLIANCE
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re seeking a consumer compliance specialist to join our compliance leadership team as Director of Consumer Compliance. You will own the day-to-day operation of the compliance management system and compliance operations processes, excepting financial crimes compliance, bringing a combination of leadership and execution abilities. This role will report to the Head of Compliance.
The right person has an encyclopedic knowledge of the alphabet regs and a passion for maintaining and continually improving compliance operations, ensuring that compliance helps our business grow and remain ahead of regulatory and partner bank expectations. Equally importantly, you are passionate about building strong relationships across our product, engineering, marketing, and member experience teams.
- Lead the day-to-day execution of the compliance management system and consumer compliance processes
- Maintain a compliance risk assessment process that identifies, assesses, and ensures management of applicable laws and regulations
- Provide subject matter expertise for product change processes on consumer compliance obligations such as ECOA, TILA, FCRA, SCRA/MLA, FDCPA, UDAAP, EFTA, and GLBA
- Manage policy governance and compliance training
- Lead compliance management efforts relating to areas such as complaints, third parties, marketing, and issue resolution
- Identify and coordinate the remediation of compliance issues
- Develop compliance risk and performance metrics and reporting
- Work directly with Current’s bank partners on compliance matters
- Support our ongoing promotion of a strong culture of compliance
- 7+ years of experience in credit card or bank compliance roles; ideally, experience across fintech and traditional financial institutions
- Deep expertise in consumer lending compliance; fluent and comfortable in the weeds of TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, etc.
- Experienced providing compliance support for product change initiatives
- Able to manage a compliance team
- Able to innovate and solve complex compliance issues in a team environment
- Pragmatic, solutions-oriented, and comfortable providing nuanced approaches with imperfect information and in the face of unclear regulatory expectations
- Strong communicator who is adept at building relationships with internal partners across operations, product, marketing, customer success, and risk
- Passionate about consumer financial inclusion and fintech
- Thrives in fast-paced, fluid environments that adapt continuously to customer and bank partner needs
- Compliance certifications (e.g., CRCM) and/or J.D. preferred
This role has a base salary range of $160,000 - $240,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches
Something looks off?