Manager, Compliance Testing
MANAGER, COMPLIANCE TESTING
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking a compliance professional to join us as Manager of Compliance Testing. You will own the development and implementation of our compliance testing program. This role will report to the Head of Compliance.
The right person has a strong knowledge of testing program fundamentals and consumer fintech. You understand how to design and execute compliance tests, as well as communicate findings in a way that supports remediation and enhancement.
- Develop and execute a compliance testing plan that covers consumer financial products
- Design and implement test scopes and scripts that will identify compliance and operational issues
- Communicate testing processes and findings with tested functions, ensuring they understand the testing process, provide useful review of test results, and resolve any issues timely
- Develop effective reporting on progress against the testing plan, including findings and issues surfaced through testing and associated management resolution efforts
- Validate the resolution of issues and testing findings
- Contribute to the compliance risk assessment process
- Participate in product change initiatives by identifying needs for new or enhanced controls
- Maintain appropriate testing program documentation and work papers
- Escalate high-importance findings to department leadership
- Manage compliance QC efforts
- Promote a culture of compliance and ethics
- 5+ years of experience in compliance roles focused on consumer banking products, including 2+ years of experience conducting compliance testing
- Ideally, experience across fintech and traditional financial institutions
- Significant experience with consumer compliance requirements like TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FDCPA, FCRA, SCRA, MLA, etc..
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of cultivating buy-in and partnership from tested functions
- Comfortable managing and growing a small team, while also contributing personally
- Passionate about consumer financial inclusion and fintech
- Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, fluid environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Compliance certifications (e.g., CRCM) preferred
This role has a base salary range of $130,000 - $175,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches
Something looks off?